Smart Dashboards help Logistics companies improve their decision-making process
DHL Global Forwarding is a leading provider of air and ocean freight forwarding services with presence in more than 220 countries and territories. A company of this size is constantly facing different challenges, including how to optimize the efforts and cost of the operations, identify redundant process and visualize the data gathered from multiple sources and systems, using simple yet smart dashboards that can help the organization validate and take actions in a more efficient way.
Heinsohn was able to understand the needs of the customer and worked with them in the design and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse for the Americas region. The solution was the result of an intensive work that focused on:
• Designing the data integration architecture to meet the performance, scalability and availability standards of DHL Global Forwarding.
• Connecting multiple transactional systems in near real time using Microsoft technologies.
• Developing of the analytics and data visualization solution for all the logistic hubs in the Americas region, using multiple reporting tools including TIBCO Spotfire, Microsoft Reporting Services and Qlik Sense.
• Exposing the data to multiple organizational levels using API’s and web portals that consumed the services.
With the enterprise data warehouse DHL Global Forwarding was able to improve their decision-making strategies and understanding of their clients’ needs and patterns as well as their experience. At the same time, they optimized costs and efforts of the operation using near real time visualization and alerts to continue with their position as a worldwide leader on air and ocean freight forwarding services.
• Microsoft .NET Framework.
• Microsoft SQL Server.
• Informatica Power Center.
• TIBCO Spotfire software.
• Qlik Sense.